Thursday, February 26, 2009

In UTAH!

Monday: Deadlifts 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3
I like strength days and it is nice to come to the gym on a Monday and do a strength day. I recently did a 3rep max deadlift session while I was at Crossfit Phoenix but that was just a 3 x 3. So this was a few more reps but I wanted to get a new pr. I went 199 - 204 - 209 - 214 - 219(1). So that is a 3lb increase from when I did it at CF Phoenix. That made me happy. I might have been able to get 219 but I could feel that I could not keep the arch or at least a flat back and it's just not worth it to hurt myself. So next time I know to shot for 219.

Tuesday: 100 thrusters and at the top of the minute 3 burpees, 3 knees to elbow.
This sucked. I mean really. The logic was to try to get in 5 thrusters each minute after you were done with the burpees and knees to elbow. Yeah right. After I completed the burpees and KTE I only had about 30 seconds to do thrusters. So if I could get 3 or 4 I was happy. Time: 27:42.

Wednesday: shoulder press 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 push jerk 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5
I had my numbers from the last time that we did this in November so I had a place to start and a weight to shoot for.
Here are my new numbers:
SP 66 - 76 - 81 - 86 - 91(f)
PJ 86 - 91 - 96 - 106 - 116(3)

So since I last did this we didn't have the whole 36# bar issue. So taking that into consideration it's a 10# PR for me on the shoulder press. That's a cool thing to see that my shoulders and arms are getting stronger.

As for the push jerk. Same thing a 10# PR for the 5 rep. I was able to get 116 three times but every time that fourth one got me. I would be able to get it to about head level but did not want to drop lower to get it up. I wish I would have tired to do the heavy weight without split jerking because I think I might have gotten lower because I am more comfortable in the squat then I am the split jerk. Maybe next time. But overall I am happy to see my numbers.

So I am in Provo Utah right now visiting my best friend from high school. Plan on having a ton of fun with Jo, Corey and their 1 year old Jackson. I will post pictures of the kid cause he is cute! Plus I am going to go to Crossfit Utah Valley to get a workout in.

Good Stuff!

No comments: