Sunday, February 8, 2009

Off to Phoenix

So I am headed to Phoenix tomorrow for a web development training for the USFWS. It should be fun. I enjoy traveling for work and I am staying in a nice hotel. Plus I am going to visit a few Crossfit gyms while I am out there. This is going to be a teat for me to see how I stand among other girls. If I go into these gyms and do the workout prescribed and beat all of the other girls in the gym I will feel good about where I am in terms of training. If I go and get crushed and am not on the top of my game then I will know that I need to pick it up a notch and train harder. I don't want to go to the Regionals and look like someone who shouldn't even be there. I'll keep you posted.



2-4-09 Back squat 3-3-3-3-3

I went 136 - 141 - 146 - 151 (only was able to get 2) 146 I looked and my last 3 rep was 146 but it was when we didn't have the whole "bar" controversy. So before it was actually only 135 and now it is a true 146. So that is a new pr. But still disappointing. I really need to work on my leg strength because this is what keeping my clean numbers down and potentially my snatch and OHS. Need to do more squatting!

2 -5 -09 Went up to Coach B's with Ben for a little Olympic Weightlifting. I really like going up here because I learn a lot and I get to watch other people lift and learn a lot about cues and what coach has then do to build strength and power. Good times. Worked on snatch and cleans. I could tell that my hamstrings were tired from the sprints,cleans and squats that we did at the gym. So my pull from the ground was not looking too hot and coach made sure to tell me. Next time I am going to be taking Kayla up with me. I think it is going to be good for her to come up and work with Coach. I think she is going to like it and it will make her stronger!

2-6-09 Ben 4 Rounds of 90 sec 0f power cleans (max reps) then 20 burpees 90 sec rest between rounds. This one sucked. It wasn't a cardio workout for me. It was a muscle fatigue on the cleans. Quads burned, grip went to shit and the weight seemed to get heavier each round. Kayla and I worked together. We did 80# and my score went 25, 22, 20, 20. Good stuff.

On a side note I must comment on how crazy hard Kayla hit this workout! I have never seen her get it like this before. It was nits. Her whole goal was to beat Ben. That's what she wanted to do. She had to get more reps then Ben. I was worried that she was going to hard out of the gates and was going to taper off at the end but she didn't. She stayed strong the whole time and was able to get more reps then he did. Good stuff.

2-7-08 Skill day
I decided to work on things that I am not good at for the Saturday workout. So I did some handstand push-ups, ring holds, ring dips and ring push-ups. It was good to work on these and my triceps were sore today. It's hard to work on the things that you are not good at but it is necessary!

1 comment:

Hent said...

more to come my friend =) have a safe trip this week. took an unplanned rest day today so hitting it off fresh tomorrow. talk to you soon!