Saturday, February 28, 2009

Snow in Utah


It is nice to be visiting Jo in Provo. Jackson has been a bit cranky but that's understandable since his molars are coming in. We checked out BYU and she showed me where she spent a lot of time while in law school. Jackson and I played in the grass and are becoming buddies. But it is cold out here. It was 22 degrees when we were leaving this morning to go snowmobiling. That is cold! You forget that it is still winter and cold in other places when you live in San Diego!

I am really trying to stick with working out and eating well. So far so good. I had some ice cream tonight and it was good. I can't remember the last time I had ice cream.

2/27/09: Went to Crossfit Utah Valley. It was a cool gym. Tucked away in some industrial buildings but had everything that you needed to get in a good workout.
3 rounds: 25 knees to elbows, 25 wall ball (16# @ 8ft), 25 KB swings (35#) Time 13:07. There were some good athletes there at the gym and they really pushed the time fast. That was fun. The KTE sucked but the wall balls I was able to go straight through and the KB swings I broke up 15 - 10 except for the last round when I went a straight 25 to try to catch the girl next to me. She beat me with a time of 13:03. So close.


2/28/09: Went snowmobiling. Had a ton of fun and was a pretty good upper body workout pulling the sled around.

I did get a workout in at the gym in the garage and it was a good one. I did:
5 rounds: 20 (10 each leg) overhead lunges (8# dumbbell in each arm), 21 burpees Time: no clue

This was a lot harder then I though. But when I started to think about it that's over 100 burpees. I don't care what else you are doing in a workout 100 burpees is sucky enough!

1 comment:

JO*MOMMY*LONG*LEGS said...

Yeah! We miss you and I wish I could say I was coming to Cali sooner, but my parents just can't do it right now--so it could be a while. Anyway, keep the updates coming until then! Love 'ya!