Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kayla peed in the woods!


1/25/09 - Went on a hike with Evan, Kayla, Mel and Max. It was a hike I have done already but we decided to go up river a bit and do some rock hopping and bouldering. I had a blast and so did Max. Kayla was really funny and took her awhile to get her rock climbing feet on. But she did finally and gained a lot of confidence by the end. Mel changed shoes mid trip and felt a lot more comfortable with her Keens on. Good time had by all. Kayla peed outside. Quite an accomplishment. We are so proud of her!

1/26/09 - Tabata Deadlifts 115# and box jumps 24''. Score total reps. 121. The deadlifts were light and I was able to get at least 10 each round. The box jumps was were my number went down. I wanted to challenge myself with a bigger box and 24'' is pretty high. But is was a good challenge.

1/27/09
8 rounds: 20 sec max effort thrusters 66#, 10 seconds rest, 20 sec max effort pull-ups, 10 sec rest, 50 meter sprint. Score total reps. 105. I went to the morning class and it was really hard to get any sort of motivation to go harder or faster. I am just not quite awake and my body isn't ready to be doing thrusters and pull-ups. I was able to get 7 or 8 on the thrusters but only 5 - 7 on the pull-ups. Still weak at stringing together pull-ups.

1/28/09 and 1/29/09 - Rest days

1/30/09 - 5 - 15 - 20 - 15 - 5 Squat snatches 200 m sprint in between reps. The weight called for 75# but my one rep max for snatch is 86# so I didn't think I could do it. Looking back now I should have done it prescribed. Oh well. For the first 5 - 15 - 20 I used 66# and then for the last 15 and 5 I increased the weight to 71#. Time was something in the 25 minute range.

I really liked this workout and I was able to get deep into the squat each time I did a snatch. Which made me feel really good. I want to feel comfortable in the full squat with weight overhead. But I also need to work on leg strength so that when the weight gets heavier and heavier I will be able to get out of the squat and stand up.

1/31/09
Ben's crazy workout
Ball Slams 80 - 60 - 35 - 15
Hollow Rocks 40 - 30 - 20 - 10
Burpees 20 - 15 - 10 - 5

This sucked and my legs were sore the next day because of the ball slams. I used a 20# ball for the ball slams and it became very clear to me from the beginning that I was going to have to clean and jerk the ball up for better use of stronger muscles rather then curling it. My arms would be trashed if I had to curl it everything I caught it from the ground. Yuck. Time was 20:30.

2/1/09
Rest day but an active rest day. I did an easy 100 squats and 100 sit-ups. It took close to 10 mins. This was more to get the legs moving and get the muscles engaged because they were sore and I did not want to stiffen up during the day and get tighter.

2/2/09
Squat Clean 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1
I love strength days and I love squat cleans so this put a smile on my face. Plus I was able to workout with Kayla and Mel and that is fun. Those two girls are strong and like to go heavy.
I went 100 - 115 - 120 - 125 - 130 (f). I totally had the 130 on my rack and was good to go but could not stand out of the squat. Bummer. One of the lifts I got so low in the squat my elbows hit my knees. So that's good but I need to also remember to get full hip extension. I don't want to get under the too fast that I don't pull enough. Something to think about.

After the workout i felt like I needed some cardio and Max was full of energy so we went on a run. I really didn't know how far we were going to go but it ended up being a 4 mile run. Boy would I pay for this when I saw what tomorrows WOD was!

2/3/09
Partner workout: Sprints
4 - 800m (2 each)
8 - 400m (4 each)
12 - 200m (6 each)

Time was 36:36. This was a lot of sprinting and it really sucked! I mean really. Plus the fact that I decided to do a little extra running after yesterday's workout. What a stupid idea! Kayla and I partnered together and my splits were about 10 - 15 seconds faster which meant she got a little less rest but she wants to get stronger so her you go sweetheart! Get stronger!

No comments: